Continuous quality improvement program shall be implemented by Quality Control Team. The quality improvement program shall be supported by the Hospital management. D Y Patil Hospital is committed to provide Quality Services to all the stakeholders. has different committees to coordinate and monitor the services provided. Continuous quality improvement programs are monitored by core committee by regular internal quality audits, physical checks, data analysis, random sample checks etc.
The quality improvement programme is reviewed every 3 months and opportunities for improvement are identified. has identified key performance indicators to monitor the clinical structures, managerial structures, process and outcomes. All the key indicators shall be reported every month to the management and on later stage amendments shall be made in discussion with the core committee members. Proper awareness to all employees is provided through proper training programmes. Hospital conducts Internal Quality Audit every Four months to ensure that all employees are strictly adhering to policies, procedures and work instructions/SOPs related to them
- Patient safety shall always be our top priority.
- To protect the rights of the patients and their relatives and, to inform them of every step of treatment.
- To given an international level health care services with highly qualified professional staff.
- Complying with the Benchmark of National and International Standards.
- We believe in continuous quality improvement by focusing mainly on patient satisfaction.
- All patients shall be treated equally with regardless of the economic status
- The Quality Objectives are defined in line with the stated Quality Policy, including those needed to meet the requirements of product/service, are established at relevant functions and levels within the Hospital, suitable to be measured.
- To maintain high standards of service at all levels.
- Monitoring of set standards in all areas of hospital through quality improvement programmed
Approach To Designing, Measuring, Assessing And Improving Quality At :
Planning: Planning for the improvement of patient care and health outcomes includes a hospital-wide approach. The hospital maintains a plan that describes the hospital’s approach, processes, and mechanisms that comprise the hospital’s Quality improvement activities. The Team approach serves as a means of collaboration between departments, planning and providing systematic organization-wide improvements.
Designing: Processes, functions or services are designed effectively based on: Mission and vision of Hospital . Needs and expectations of patients, staff, and others. Baseline quality expectations are utilized to guide measurement and assessment activities.
Measurement: Data is collected for a comprehensive set of Quality measures. To establish a baseline when a process is implemented or redesigned. To describe the dimensions of Quality relevant to functions, processes, and outcomes. To Identify areas for improvement. To determine whether changes in a process have met objectives. Data is collected as a part of continuing measurement, in addition to data collected for priority issues. Data collection considers measures of processes and outcomes. Data collection includes at least the following processes or outcomes:
- Patient assessment
- Operative and other invasive and noninvasive procedures that place patients at risk
- Laboratory safety & quality
- Diagnostic Radiology safety & quality
- Processes related to medication use
- Processes related to anesthesia
- Processes related to the use of blood and blood components
- Processes related to medical records content, availability and use
- Processes related to timely procurement of supplies
- Reporting as required by law
- Risk management activities
- Needs, expectations, and satisfaction of patients
- Staff expectations and satisfaction
- Processes related to patient and staff safety.
- Surveillance of hospital acquired infection.
- Utilization of facility.